Wireshark is a program that is used for network troubleshooting.
These are just a few of the basic features of this program:
· There are two ways that data can be captured with this program. For example, "from the wire" means that the data is being transmitted directly between the server and the network. As part of an already established document, the second file is data that's been compressed into it.captured packets.
This program is completely free to use and one of the many advantages of doing so is that you never have to pay anything.
· There are multiple types of networks that data can be read from. Ethernet as well asIEEE 802 are also included.There are 11 PPP functions, as well as loops.
· This program uses GUI or TShark (the terminal/command line version) to browse the captured network data.
· Using the command-line switches, programs can be programmatically edited or converted to the editcap program.
· Using a display filter, data can be refined for a better display.
· This program allows dissecting new protocols can be created using plug-ins.
· This program allows VoIP calls can be detected and if the encoded data is a compatible encoding, can even be played back.
· This program allows raw USB traffic to be captured.
· This program allows the filtering of wireless connections as long as traverse the monitored Ethernet.
· This program utilizes multiple settings, timers, and filters in order to provide the facility of filtering any and all output of the captures traffic.
· This program does not require elevated privileges used for safety for their operators anymore due to the possibility of a bug in the system from using these privileges.
· This program uses color packets to help organize particular fields in packets which helps identify the different types of traffic at a glance.
· This program can also be used with network simulation tools in order to capture packets.
Wireshark requires Linxus, macOS, BSD, Solaris, some other Unix-Microsoft Windows or an operating system that you use. Besides the main terminal, there is also another.The version called TShark is based on this. As part of the GNU General Public License, these programs are free to download.