WinPcap is a popular tool that works in a Microsoft Windows environment, allowing applications to capture and pass network packets around the protocol stack. Besides its basic features, it supports features like the kernel.Packet filtering, an engine for network statistics, as well as remote recording of packets are all supported.
WinPcap consists of a driver that extends the operating system to support low-This access point provides low-level access to a network and a library.level access. You can also download this library and use the Windows well-drilling application.The UNIX API libpcap has all the known details.
With the presence of a wide range of commercial and free network tools based on WinPcap, including protocol analyzers, network monitors, network intrusion detection systems, traffic generators, and network testing software, WinPcap has become the industry- leading packet capture and filter engine. This tool consists of many manuals that provide all the necessary documentation.
- High efficiency: The optimization algorithms mentioned in the literature (such as kernel filtering and buffering, partial copies of packages, etc.) are implemented in WinPcap. For this utility, there is significant speed increase;
- popularity: Networks use WinPcap for a variety of purposes: The following items can be performed: protocol analyzer, network monitoring, network activity detector, sniffer, etc.
- Tested and fine-tuned: Testing of the program was significantly enhanced since the program was so popular. There are no errors or bugs in the utility, despite its simplicity;
- convenient and simple: The WinPcap program is distributed as a small executable file which is open for multiple types of operating systems. Start the executable run, and all of a sudden it begins doing the necessary work.
- Multiplatform: The company has support for all Windows operating systems.
- Documentation: Several hyperlinks are included in a detailed user manual. It provides you with the tutorial, which guides you through all the steps involved in the utility's settings.