Windows XP is a legendary operating system from Microsoft, which is one of the most successful products of the company. Today, still today, this type of computer remains in widespread demand despite its problems with contemporary hardware and software compatibility. The first version of Windows XP was released back in 2001, and in the heyday it occupied about 80% of the entire market. There hasn't been a loss of relevance for XP in the last decade, despite the frank failure of Windows Vista. In 2009, Windows 7 was released, so users started migrating over to the new version of the OS.
In comparison with its predecessor, Windows 2000, Windows 10 has an entirely redesigned and highly innovative interface (by today's standards). Even though Windows XP still looks different due to the recent changes, it has developed significantly as a software platform. It is one of the first programs that provide system recovery and enhanced computer control via the command line, a built-in terminal server, and a variety of digital file formats, such as images, videos, and songs. These changes have also affected the built-in programs: It's also possible to create films using Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer, and Windows Movie Maker.
Then three years later, Microsoft rolled out service pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP, which fixed several serious bugs and enhanced compatibility, as well as adding features not available in the original operating system, such as support for Wi-Fi.Use of Fi and Bluetooth interfaces is allowed. Following four years, the last major update was released, Service Pack 3 (SP3). It addressed security and performance issues.
- With the use of rounded shapes and using a fresh new graphic shell, a bold, crisp design emerges.
- Using the command line adds to the possibilities of computer control.
- In NAP protection, a system is assessed to be secure from intruders, providing the local network with protection, or protect the local network by assessing the security of linked networks;
- support for Wi-Roaming protected access (WPA2) certification: Fi Protected Access.
- Windows Firewall - The network programs can now be controlled through the IP-addressed firewall, which is significantly improved.
- There are a number of Outlook Express mail clients, Internet Explorer browser, Windows Media Player, and other programs you should update now.
- A Security Operations Center designed to be an invaluable source of data for enhancing the operational efficiency of an operating system;
- There are many file formats supported by this app.