RouterOS is an operating system from MikroTik, primarily designed for network hardware based on RouterBOARD and used to manage routers. In this case, it is possible to install the system on a laptop computer which is compatible with the i386 architecture, which can transform it into a router also.
Using the system, you can access many protocols and networks, from which you can select as a firewall, VPN server, FTP server, proxy server, wired or wireless access point, etc., all the while choosing which protocols to use. Installation ensures that the user can choose the components he or she desires. Configuration is carried out through the WinBox graphical library. On the other hand, the option exists for access to settings on the Internet.The use of multiple networks, such as port communication or SSTP to connect.port and HyperTerminal. Developers maintain current documentation on the official website.
It should be noted that RouterOS is installed on a clean hard drive and cannot work as a second operating system (for example, with Windows). standalone program, which demonstrates good fault tolerance and reliability, does not require a constant presence of an administrator.
- A variety of interfaces are available for remote control of the system; ;
- Reliability and fault tolerance are high; ;
- Operating a wide variety of hardware networking devices and computers;
- The network can support many protocols and interfaces, including those for the P network.
- The ability to use the same network to work as a firewall, router and VPN all-in-one.device, VPN-t port, wireless access point, DHCP-server, hot-spot server, proxy-There are so many things that need to be done. A server, etiolated from;.
- QoS standard support;
- the ability to mask local networks using NAT Masquerading;
- There are numerous tools available for network operations and maintenance;
- Developed documentation system.