ReactOS is an operating system that is designed as a free analogue of Microsoft Windows. It follows two basic principles for the development team: firstly, Linux should be open source and be fully compatible with all Windows applications, drivers and games. The second principle is to make the transition to ReactOS as discreet as possible for the user, without having to retrain or learn in the new system and software.
Upon completion of 10 years of development of ReactOS 0, it has been released.Four was released in February 2016. Even though the Alpha development is still very much in its infancy, many applications running with Windows NT versions 5 can already be run.Additionally, Windows 2000, 2003 and Windows XP include FAT-based support for x.With NTFS 32 and 2D file access in read mode as well as support for BtrFs and Linux Ext2, ReiserFS can be accessed.
There are almost as many options in ReactOS interface.to-With its repeated structure reminiscent of Vindovs, one can expect the user to see the usual suspects: "My Computer", "Basket," "Start," "Standard Windows," and a "BSOD" when critical conditions interfere.
There are two ways to download software distributions. Live - The system is suited to virtual machine operating - - is suitable for running the system on a virtual machine - There are both VMware virtual servers, and VirtualBox open access programs.Disc-mounted image or DVD-Mounting on a CD / DVD / USB device.The OS can now be installed on a flash drive after having been downloaded from them.
- Windows compatibility: Stable NT architecture implements ReactOS' implementation.It includes elements of Windows32, a subsystem of the operating system. Windows is constantly improving as a result of its driver and software compatibility;
- Security: NT architecture is secure despite what some people believe. NT-They have been criticized not for their kernel, but for security settings that were meant primarily to simplify the user experience. For instance, XP and other Ubuntu-based systems are poorly known. There is a special effort made by ReactOS developers to avoid repeating this error.
- Lightness: Originally, ReactOS was conceived as an unconstrained OS. Though it won't be like Win 95, reactOS may provide many modern features.
- Openness: OpenSource describes ReactOS project as an innovative project dedicated to the philosophy of that movement. Its functions are free to use, accessible by any interested party, so there's no need to worry about software installation. This license allows you to distribute ReactOS under a GTM licence.
- Extensible: ReactOS is an extensible and flexible system. Thanks to its NT core and open source code, this is probably one of the most scalable operating systems there is.