NAS4Free is a FreeBSD-A free operating system that allows NAS repositories to be created based on distributed operations. This project was in line with the demise of FreeNAS. The operating system can be installed on several virtual and physical platforms, and its user interface appears to be very "friendly".
The main advantage of NAS4Free is the support of data exchange between different platforms and systems: I use Windows, MacOS, GNU/Linux, and Unix.; s include: A variety of Samba AD applications, such as FTP, CIFS/SMB, NFS, RSYNC, Unison, AFP, UPnP, Bittorent, Bridge, TFTP, Syncthing, CARP, HAST and VirtualBox support. It supports Linux and does not run only Linux, OSF, or NAS4Free will run both or even Linux.M.A.R.T. Providing reliable information encryption and sending reports about data storage operations to e-mail are two primary advantages of this method.mail.
There are six different configurations for booting the NAS4Free system, which comes as an NAS4Free boot image that can be mounted anywhere on your choice of storage medium (optical drive or USB drive). Using ACPI, logging the contents of Windows hard drives is possible, graphic shell support is available, as well as bootable storage.
- Physical and virtual NAS solutions for stable and secure storage platforms;.
- Computer applications supporting Microsoft, Apple and Unix data gestion of data exchange between Microsoft, Apple and Unix-like operating systems;
- File server support for file systems from the SFMPS and the IFRSS.
- Standard interfaces: Samba, FTP, BitTorent, HAST, T FTP, UPnP, AFP, RSYNC, Unison, Bridge, iSCSI, & CARP.
- You can choose a number of ZFS modes, including rtal control (RAIDZ, RAIDZ2 and RAIDZ3);
- an S.M.A.R.T. checkup;
- The data needs to be encryptiond and reports are to be sent electronically.mail;
- The LiveCD and LiveUSB versions will not run.