K-Meleon is a small and fast web browser based on Mozilla's Gecko engine (the popular Firefox browser runs on this engine). K-Meleon is an open source project distributed under the GNU license, i.When paid for, e.g., in full, not at any cost.
Browsers don't cause too much traffic on the system or make users use up too much of your personal computer's resources. With regards to RAM, especially, K stands for.In terms of memory consumption, Meleon is by far the largest browser.
are as follows: Microsoft makes use of the Windows interfaces on the engine instead of XML Interface, used by other browsers, therefore it achieve much faster work performance, and its macro language makes it extremely flexible in terms of browser functionality, while users can be able to customize their browsers as they see fit. setting the browser up to suit your preferences: you can configure everything from the main and context menus, the possibility of flexible configuration of toolbars and ending with the purpose of Go�
The K-Meleon browser supports the system of tabs used by modern browsers, allows you to import files with bookmarks from Netscape/Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera, has protection against spyware and malware, and can block pop-up or automatically opening windows and many other functions.
An interesting fact: the history of the K-Meleon browser started a year earlier than the development of the Firefox web browser, in the distant 2000 as a system for testing the Gecko engine.
- Bookmark system: K-Meleon allows you to keep several pages of websites open at the same time and provides quick navigation between them. This can be useful for advanced Internet searches, eliminating the need to open multiple windows and constantly move from one window to another;
- Mouse movement links management: mouse cursor gestures were an innovation of Opera browser and now became a necessary attribute of any browser. With the help of the corresponding K-Meleon plugin you can navigate through the links simultaneously by clicking the right mouse button and moving the cursor;
- Toolbar, menu, context menu and hotkeys: one of the main advantages of K-Meleon is the advanced settings of all browser components. You can easily change the list of items in the menu and context menu by adding items you need and deleting unnecessary ones, access any function from the toolbar or assign any function combination of hotkeys;
- Pop-up blocking: activate this option to block pop-up ad pages or pages that may be harmful to your computer;
- Fast browser loading: the time from double-clicking on the browser icon to the full launch of the application is the smallest among all Gecko-based browsers;
- Quick Internet search: Click the search button on the toolbar to enter your search query and search in Google. By default, the Ctrl+G key combination is registered for this function, but of course it can be changed to any one convenient for you;
- Topics and skins: K-Meleon is one of the easiest browsers to create new skins. Many users put topics and skins for this browser on the Internet.