GOM Media Player is one of the world's most popular video and audio players with built-in codecs. This program is based on the user's viewpoint and has some interesting features. As a means of convenience, the developers of the program worked closely with ease-of-use principles. It seems highly likely that they did it.
One of the most convenient and useful features of this player is the Codec Finder service. If you try to view or listen to any exotic file format that GOM Media Player does not include a codec for, this feature will automatically find and install the missing codec. You won't have to perform any complicated actions on your own search, installation and setup of codec. Therefore, it is possible to state without excessive modesty that at present it is the most "omnivorous" player in the market. About 50 million users worldwide are using this player for what they do.
The software does not just support file playback; they also come with some more features such as screenshots from videos, superimposing various effects, managing playback speed, as well as customization options by downloading the external design themes.
Updating GOM Media Player
To update the program to the current version, you can use the "Update" button in the program interface (Preferences → General → Updates → Update). If you are notified that you are using the latest version of the program, but you are sure it is not, wait a while and try again.
- built-in codecs;
- Display the image on external display devices (dual-monitor configuration);
- playback of corrupted or partially downloaded files;
- playing DVDs;
- very smooth video playback;
- is not demanding on system resources;
- Bookmark management within any movie for quick return;
- support for external themes;
- a built-in equalizer;
- Adjust any image and sound settings;
- wide use of hotkeys;
- automatic search of missing codec on the Internet;
- support for the following video formats: flv,mp4, mov, mpg, ts, avi, divx, asx, wmv, m4v, dat, ifo, vob, 3gp/3gp2, rm/rmvb, mkv, ogm;
- audio playback support for the following audio formats: mp3, .m4a, .aac, .ogg;
- support for playback of the following subtitle formats: .smi, .srt, .rt, .sub (width IDX);
- support playback of the following playlist formats: .asx, .pls.