ConEmu is a free program that is positioned by the developer as a "graphical host" for Windows console applications. There are numerous advantages to using one as opposed to purchasing a standard terminal. As initially designed, the program worked "paired" with Far Manager, but subsequent features enabled it to work outside of the file manager separately.
The ConEmu window can be scaled and divided into independent parts. An independent tab for each program launched is allocated. On the tab, you can see its title: type of application running. In addition to CMD, Putty, DN, Powershell, Notepad, etc., the terminal can accept many additional commands. By enabling multi-user compatibility, you are able to run programs that are needed by other users. The cursor display can be customized to allow you to make it easier to use.
Using ConEmu and DosBox is the best way to run DOS.Depending on the Windows version you are using, you may be able to see as many as seven applications under the latest version. XML files can be saved separately from these configurations. The saved configuration can be made active at any time.
Among other "utilities" that the developer provided to ConEmu, it is worth noting the built-in plugin for viewing images, support for moving objects between panels with the help of Drag&Drop, automatic enlargement of the console buffer when launching applications, support for TrueColor and displaying the progress of operations on the icon in the taskbar.
- The file manager will work with the tool er along with the FAR file manager;
- Using this functionality, Putty, DN, Powershell, CMD, and Notepad applications will be available in different tabs independent of each other;
- DOS can be operated correctly in part by using the DosBox program.Using the latest Windows versions (including 64-bit versions) you can install these applications.bit);
- allows you to customize the look of the cursor.
- By dragging and dropping objects, objects can be transferred.
- On some hotkeys, "hang" will allow you to scroll through the macro list;
- You can avail of the service free of charge at any time.